Saturday, March 24, 2012

If Time Is Money, Then I'd Spend It All For You...

Experiments post! Yay!
And actually a couple of these I would consider finished pieces, but they are experimental in that they pushed me into using different materials (feathers!)or using materials I'm used to in a different orientation.

The Evolution of Dresses:


Or working with silk & tulle (to make a "presumed dress"), tulle and "feathered" and ironed wax paper, or plastic screen encircling photos of me as a child....
Based on the orange silk experiment, my next venture is this:

A (if all goes according to plan) 6 ft. wide silk drapery (the same orange color. It's so beautiful in the light!) with tulle details and wire armatures inside of it. It should be about 3 or 4 ft tall as well. It's going to take up my whole wall in the studio! I was going to work on it earlier this week (it was my spring break and I had so many plans!!), but for my 24th birthday the cosmos gave me Strep Throat. I went to the doctor on my birthday day and I think they gave me a free antibiotics shot - this is, afterall, the doctor that delivered me 24 years ago on this same day (he always calls me his "little stargazer" because I came into the world looking right up at him!) so I think he's a mite bias!
So, this weekend while doing my job in the studio as lab monitor, I will be working on this big silk project. And it's going to be great.
Yay!
In other smashing news -
In the last couple weeks I have been involved in starting up a National Organization for Women Chapter for Springfield, and a week ago I was honored to be unanimously voted President of said chapter. I hope I can make everyone proud, and keep up with my duties. I've got a spit-fire VP and a lovely 3rd officer working with me (not to mention our beautiful members) and I am excited for what we can do for the rights of women everywhere, especially Missouri women. Lord knows, our state has been a little wishywashy towards ladies the last two decades - let's see what we can do! For news and updates visit the NOW National Website, the MissouriNow website, or our fledgling Springfield Chapter Facebook Group.
If you're interested in joining, donating, helping out - click the contact link and send me an email! Equal Rights For Everyone!

Here's some music for you. This one's for my fella.

PS I'm feeling much better now (on the left, I had 102.6 fever and was on my way to the doctor)! XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment