Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Famous Eyes.

Ok Ok I know it's been, as the kid from the Sandlot would say, FOR-EV-VERRRRR - but i've been busy kids. First of all, I've been celebratin' the 42nd anniversary of Woodstock (today is day #2, actually according to the time - it's day #3 of that anniversary). God, I love it. I don't care how much it makes me a dork, I lovvvee it. The music, the people, the solidarity. Long Live Woodstock Nation. I've been celebrating all week - listening to music from the festival, wearing flowers in my hair, and doing other things of that nature that might connect me with my hippie brethren..cough cough....

Secondly, I got and started a new poetry notebook. My first writing in it? A eulogy dedicated to my old notebook. Check the title of the new notebook [click to enlarge, this blog doesn't do justice for some pictures - always click to enlarge]:
I told ya'll I'd name it that. And I did.
In good news, i've been writing in it quite a bit. Need to even more though. I will probably take it to school with me - WHICH STARTS NEXT WEEK!!!!!!
EXCITEEEMMEENNTTTT.
I would say i'm giddy "like a school girl" but shit man i AM a school girl :)

Only 3 more semesters to go bitches!

In even greater news, Ryan Adams just released news that he will be dropping a new album in mid-October. Did I mention I'm giddy like a school girl?! Yeessss. I once got accused of only listening to "the same music" all the time by my friend Maddox, well when it comes to Ryan Adams that is totally true. And will remain true because he's my fuckin' hero. Keep on singing, DRA. We love you.

On this last Monday, it would have been my grandmother's 90th birthday if she hadn't left us 2 summers ago. Miss you, Grammar. Here's a photo of her and her eldest brother, Woodrow. She was a beautiful lady. She's also one of my heroes.

Beyond all of that, Today I learned that I can blow up 30 balloons in under an hour. I can't tell you how I know that yet because I caused some mischief and I don't want to ruin the surprise....but here's a small peek:



Hopefully nobody can recognize that room....just yet....bahahahaha. I will be able to explain tomorrow. Man, blowing up balloons really chaps your lips let me just tell you. I felt so light-headed when I came home it was almost like I participated in more activities that would connect me to my hippie brethren [insert bong bubble sounds]....


Here's the RA song I've had on repeat most of the day (except for when I was Woodstock-ing out). From the album Love Is Hell, one of his best ones. Love it.
"Strung out like some Christmas lights/Out there in the Chelsea night...."
Definitely felt that way before...

Alright, probably need to go to bed. Got up early today because I was being responsible and got the tags on my car changed. They were only a month late this year. Haha. Sleepy.
Night. Love you.



XO.

1 comment:

  1. Craziness. I was just listening to Mr. Adams and was, like, "I should check out Katie." He's going on an acoustic solo tour, very soon from what I understand.

    Adorable kitty, btw.

    ReplyDelete