Monday, October 17, 2011

Needle In The Camel's Eye.

Here is my plastercanvas sculpture's progress through photos:
[that looks like crystals, but really it's just excess water beading through the surface. It's nerdy, but I love to just sit there and watch it. Click to Enlarge.]











Hatch says one more pour and we can turn it upright again! Then the real work begins. Not to mention that he said after this is all said and done the finished work will be about 150 lbs. WOW. And drool.
Oh, and PS those spots are mold and I'm thinking about sealing them on the piece. I like the patterns that have been created at random. And pink mold!? Who knew.

Beyond plaster, here are some other sculptures in my world recently - I've come to adopt t-shirts to my newest work. And screens:
<

[the one laying on the backpack is still in progress, but it's a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt I got in Washington D.C.]


For my next sewing with clothes endeavor, I was thinking of working on this bright pink prom dress I found in my closet. I thrifted it a few years back for some lame banquet that I don't even remember. But it's so bright pink and happy, I think I could really tear the shit out of it, add wire frames, and make it super creepy. Until then, here's some jam for your brains [this week is a-mite glam rock-y. What can I say? I've been addicted since I was 14 and used to wear glitter under my eyes like Bowie & Bolan]:
...I'd just like to say that I love this Lou Reed song so much that I almost missed the bus to campus the other day because I was singing it in my car. Very Loudly, in fact....didn't even see the bus coming.....


XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment