Monday, September 12, 2011

Silver Wings Shining In The Sunlight...

My newest sculpture. It is about 2ft tall and 3.5 ft wide. I have just a bit more sewing to do on it, then Hatch (the sculpture teacher) and myself are going to turn it upside down and fill it to the brim with plaster. Then i'm either going to gesso the outside and paint it OR just stain it with some wood stain. We'll cross that bridge when we get there!

Anyways, a lot of you ask me how I get my ideas - so, here is the page from my sketchbook [click to enlarge] to the final piece. I tend to work off the cuff so it's a rarity that I have a sketchbook page about it. I am working on that though. An artist isn't nearly as efficient without their book of ideas. We can't remember everything!!

In other news, I just ordered some super cute new (nerdy) glasses and they have yet to come. It has been 5 to 10 business days dangit!!! They better get here soon. Anyways they are black with a bit of a stripy pattern up the side (i believe it's red, blue, and orange). If i like them, I am so going to order another pair from the same website. ZenniOptical. Really good deals. I am so going to get a pair of cat-eye glasses!!

Hopefully in the near future (hah!), I will go see this at the Moxie [our local indie film venue]:
Oh, my goodness, Miranda July is so beautiful!!! And honest. I hope I'm influential and totally remain myself just like her in the art world someday. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one......
Anyways, I'll stop swooning like a school girl.
Here's some pep for your step, well, actually not too peppy at all:

Ok, this is a Merle Haggard cover. I love me some Merle, but I have been listening to this version lately. Yes, it comes from the movie Country Strong. Don't judge me. I just like the music. Enjoy. And ladies, you're welcome. He's foxy.
Pixies cover. This version can be seen in the film, "It's Kind of A Funny Story." Pretty good (the film). Lighter take on mental illness. I listen to this song on a daily basis. And if I ever get married [that's a big IF because A) he'd have to be quite persuasive and B) I'm holding true to my pact on not getting married until EVERYONE can legally) I would have this song play as I walk down the aisle. Yep. Beautiful. Plus whoever made this video did a great job with the old film matching up to the song.
I'll end by showing you a gift my friend Ashley gave me recently. She made it. And i LOVE it.

I'll probably go see The Future with Ashley and her manfriend Andy. They make amazing ice cream. Hope you all have a great rest of the week!!
XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment