Sunday, September 4, 2011

Outside, Outside The World....Out There You Don't Hear The Echoes & Calls....

Hey, Beautiful Friends!!
So it's September!! Yay! I am so excited for fall. I am writing this right now with all the windows in my house open. Lloovee.

So, tonight was my first night to work as a lab monitor in Brick City. It was great! I mean tonight I was all alone for about 3 hours (slightly creeped out since I just watched Insidious the other night on FatNight with my hetero-lifemate Tiffany), then my teacher Duat came and put me to work. I moved furniture, dusted, the works. Every Sunday from 2 to 8 PM, I will be at Brick City sitting, dusting, cleaning, and working on my own artwork. "Keeping watch over the City" if you will. My brother brought me chinese food tonight (that's my fortune above. It made me smile) and then we had an Art Party. It was so much fun! When we were kids, Jason was always the most amazing artist; he would draw Civil War soldiers and Wildlife - he's the realist and I'm the abstract one. But tonight, to my surprise, I gave him some drawing lessons! I think after he got the hang of "the rules" he enjoyed himself. He hasn't really drawn in awhile, and I'm really glad he got a chance to express himself. We just stood around and drew and sang along with the Counting Crows. Talk about refreshing. I think we both needed it.


At first he was just drawing out of his head and I was sewing on my latest sculpture, then we both decided to draw a plaster-casted model of a man with an orange electrical cord around his neck. Here's my finished piece. I got really into it at the end, so I decided to add some paint to it. I haven't painted in ages. It was fun!

The last two Thursdays in a row I have stayed up all night with Miss Tiffany watching creepy movies. We pretty much live like every day is Halloween! Last Thursday we were watching movies and doing her laundry because she was leaving the next day to go visit her aunts in St. Louis. We put the clothes in to wash at her apartment's community machine and then put on a creepy movie. When we went to put them in the dryer - the dryer had been turned off for the night!! Of course it was 3:20 AM, but Tiffany told me that the machines usually stay on all night. So we walked to the next complex and tried to use their dryers only to find the same thing had happened!! Apparently, the all-night dryer policy has been thrown out. So, we hung up all her laundry in her bathroom, on the kitchen table, on chairs, back of the couch, pretty much everywhere. Did I mention she hadn't done laundry in like 3 weeks? Haha!! So anyways, here are some pictures of us doing that. I thought they were funny. I'm very proud of the sock mountain I made on her kitchen table.....


She's pretty much my favorite person sometimes! I gotta stop staying up that late on nights before school though (one night I didn't go to sleep til 8 AM with class at 10:45....) or create another day where I can just sleep. Haha I'll try to work on both.

Alright, I'm off to read the book Carl just let me borrow. It's about Zen Buddhism and inner insecurity vs security. It should be suupperr interesting. And, I'd just like to say that I really really really love Carl and his wife, Kathleen. The last 4 weekends in a row (that's a month, people) they have made me dinner and entertained me. They're kind of like parents. Haha which is funny since they are both younger than me by a year. Either way, we've had Art Parties, School Parties (Kathleen teaches the 1st grade) and movie nights. Not to mention "Fort Night"......
(Carl is at the bottom on the left, and Kathleen is the one taking the picture. The other people in the picture are some of my artfriends Ashley [to the right of me], her manfriend Andy [top left] and the every hilarious Christopher [bottom right].) We are hoping the have another Fort Night in about a Fortnight. Hah!!

Here's some drugs fo yo brain:

This is Jeff's version of a Porter Wagoner song. Holyshititssobeautiful. I just rediscovered it this last weekend. You're welcome.

Off to cleanse my spirit. Or just read. Either way, Love You Guys. My Cat Is Beautiful.

XO.

2 comments:

  1. Alright, my guess is either Siddhartha (Hermann Hesse) or Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I doubt either is correct, but you should read both of them, for they are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, it's "Age of Anxiety" by Alan Watts. It's not totally on Zen Buddhism, but directed towards that area. Pretty good so far. And I've been wanting to read those other two for quite awhile. Good to see you at school the other day!

    ReplyDelete