Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lost My Love Before Her Time/On The Way To Ohio...


Hellooooo, my fair-haired LoveChildren.

So last night on my way home from my friend Amy's house (I stopped there after work), I decided to take a drive through the backwoods of Missouri. Although I have had a love/hate relationship with this forsaken state my whole life, I know when I leave someday [insert the word soon] I will miss this: The Land. There's nothing like sticking your arm straight out the window and pretending to fly while you're speeding down hills at 55 mph. Not to mention that if you're me, you sing REALLY LOUD with music while doing it.

If you're a kid reading this - first of all, sorry about the curse words. You were bound to learn them sooner or later anyways, so shit kid join in. Secondly, it's probably not safe to drive down the curvy, backroads of Missouri with your arm out the window, singing loudly, and speeding. UNLESS you have driven these roads for ages like I have. Then you're allowed, kids, then you're allowed. Don't worry that day will be here soon. Promise.
[Frida Kahlo magnets that I keep on my dashboard. Love]>>>


On top of all this danger, I was also taking pictures while I was driving [the very first picture is one of those]. They were all pretty blurry, so I drove all the way to my star gazing spot in Clever, MO, and got out of the car and took pictures of the moon. Thank goodness human eyes are more receptive than the lens on a camera. The moon was gorgeous last night. If you haven't taken a look recently, you should. It's full right now. Which is probably why I went driving last night. The full moon always makes me restless. Restless for new places, people, and things. I tried calling a few people I knew to go on a drive with me, but they were either busy or sleeping like grandmas - I'm gonna go with the latter just so I maintain my cool status. Haha.
Here is the song I was singing with really loudly:

I don't really know what he's saying for part of the time either, but with Justin Vernon, I think you can just sing melodious notes with him and you're just fine. This is from the new Bon Iver album, which has gotten some critical reviews, but I like it. Love it in fact.
This song was on repeat too:

Did I mention that I drove around for like an hour? Maybe even an hour and a half. I wasn't keeping track. Haha. Nothing like getting a new tank of gas and using part of it up on your own weird, restless whims......
....then coming home and reading some good, good poetry. Right now i'm reading The Captain's Verses by Pablo Neruda (Thanks for taking me to Barnes & Noble that one day, Amy).
"...Like a great storm
we shook
the tree of life...." [From The Son]
XO.

2 comments:

  1. You should read Braiding by Li Young Lee. It was part of a book of poetry I had to read in my English Lit class my first year of college and this line always stays with me to remind me to live in the moment and try not to bitch about things even when they suck:
    "How I wish we didn't hate those years/while we lived them."
    http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/braiding/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie. We have not hung out in three or four forevers.

    What the hell?

    Also, <3 Pablo.

    ReplyDelete