Saturday, July 16, 2011

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out...


So it was a really weird, and busy week!
It all started when Mamabird and I went to play Bingo with the elderly people at
Republic Senior Center....
We didn't win a SINGLE

GAME!!!! Older people kept calling "Bingo" at all the wrong times, so then when we still had a shred of hope left, we'd resume the unfinished game only to have someone with an actual Bingo win with the next call. Hope Springs Eternal. And Hope is a Bitch. We were sad. So, in order to make myself feel better - I went and got my hairs cut by my prettyful friend Wendy (in order to make herself feel better, Mamabird went and got a Cherry Limeade from Sonic at Happy Hour - oh the life of the Retired!). Wendy traded me a haircut for a painting! Which was totally awesome because I am wayy poor and the painting she wanted (It haunts me because of it's lack of skill - I was just a fledgling when I made it, but she really likes it!) was just sitting getting dusty in our SunRoom. So that was the plan.

But then......THIS HAPPENED:

Part of the deal was that Wendy would wax my eyebrows, but apparently I am allergic to ANYKIND of wax. EVER.
"Your skin bubbled up and started bleeding," she said, "then I went to wipe the blood away and the hair went with it."
So basically, it BURNED MY EYEBROW OFF.
But not to worry, Children of the Revolution, all can be fixed with eyeshadow that is liken- colored to that of my hairs. The only bummer is that if I wanted to be in a Frida Kahlo look-alike contest anytime soon, I would have slim chances of winning. Dangit!!!
The good news though, was that it made me laugh hysterically, and I can add it to the ever lengthening list of "mishaps" that has happened to me over the years. And if you know me well at all - there's a BUNCH of them.
Plus I went home and started this book:



[by David Nicholls, soon to be out as a movie (aug 19thish), yeah it's sappy but whatever man I liked it.]




























And finished it today!


Then after that - I took a WONDERFUL NAP.
When I woke up, I made some earrings for my friend Amy Byrum.


which I've never actually made dangly earrings before, so that was interesting and - after a few sailor-y words - FUN.


And besides all these interesting happenings, I also worked about 25 hours at the old CorporateSoulKiller, sketched some more nudie ladies, went swimming with Mamabird at the community center (there were so many old people talking and swimming, I hung out with the Greatest Generation alot this week), started working on some new drapery/material sculpture ideas, and burned the top of my left hand on Amy Byrum's oven.

All in a week's work I guess!

Anyways, here is my love song to you this week:
XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment